My Updated current skincare routine review May 2013

Monday, May 06, 2013

I have an UPDATED SKINCARE ROUTINE DECEMBER 2014 HERE


                                          
Hi guys! Sorry for such a late post, I did mention ages ago that I would do an updated skincare routine. This has been working very well for me and I have been using this routine for almost 2 months now so I can give a reasonable judgement on the products. If you remember I wasnt happy at all with the last regime I had so I had to change it ASAP!

A quick recap of my skin condition, I have normal to dry skin which gets oily on the tzone when I get hot, so its combination-ish! I suffer from the odd acne which is probably hormonal. Its not too serious but the only problem is the scarring I get after the spots have gone down, they turn quite dark and are quite prominent on my golden skin. Which makes my skin look blemish-full and unclear. I also have hyperpigmentation on my forehead and around my mouth.

Ok, now for the routine, I really have been loving this regime because it leaves my skin looking and feeling soft and smooth and healthy. Since I do have pigmention problems, I feel it's necessary for me to always include Aha's etc in my regime to keep it from looking dull and dry.

The cleanser which I use is still the Dr Darren Aha Radiance cleanser, I havent stopped using this since I bought it and this is still my first bottle! The only difference from my last regime is that I use it in conjunction with the St.Ives Daily Microdermabrasion. Honestly when I first used the Dr Darren cleanser I wasnt 100% happy with the result, I expected my skin to feel much more smoother but it didnt.

I bought the St.Ives Daily Microdermabrasion because I needed a scrub. At first I didnt like it because the mixture was too dry and didnt move around the face evenly or effectively so I thought of mixing it in together with the Dr Darren cleanser to make it more easier to manage and THAT was the best brainwave I had. My skin felt sooooooo smooth after I washed the two off, like butter! My nose gets really dry and flaky quite quickly and that mix had softened it soo well. I look forward to using this combination every morning because of how smooth it makes my skin feel and look. Like I'm having a facial every morning!

I bought this product because it recieved so many good reviews so I had to try it myself, its the No7 Microdermabrasion exfoliator. If during the week my skin is feeling quite dry and raggedy I use this to bring it back to life and give it a boost of softness and get rid of the rough texture on my skin. And I really like it. It gets rid of all the flakies, it does leave my skin a little red but that goes down after a while. I use this 1 or 2 times a week. I have a couple of sample sizes and theres still loads left since you have to use a small amount.

The two neutrogena face washes is for taking off my makeup during the day when I have some makeup on and have to take it off quickly to perform ablution and pray. I dont want to use my expensive cleanser for this so thats why I use these cheaper ones. It does the job and it tackles the acne too. Its really good at removing makeup. I use the scrub for tougher makeup and the gel for lighter makeup. I've gotten so lazy I dont use a makeup remover for my makeup I just use face wash and I always double cleanse. Though I do use makeup remover when I have a lot of eye makeup on.

For my moisturiser I have restarted using Fade Out, I have been breaking out and they've left some stubborn scars, and since Fade Out worked quite effectively before at removing them (even though it took a couple of months) I decided to give it a go again. BUT I never was too fond of the texture and feel of this cream, it was kinda heavy, sticky and didnt absorb well which made it look greasy. SO I mix it with my Cyclax Vitamin E cream which I love love love! The vitamin E cream is light yet moisturising and sinks in soooo well. Brilliant for combination skin like mine.

Last in my skincare regime is Sunscreen! I have finally started using sunscreen! After a pointless delay I decided it was time I started using sunscreen for my problematic hyperpigmentation. To ensure my hyperpigmentation marks dont get any darker since I've realised that I'm quite sensitive to the sun. Sunscreen is soo important guys, if you want your skin to stay looking younger for longer then you must must use sunscreen regularly, especially if you have pigmentation problems. Even in everyday British weather. In fact I wear sunscreen even when I stay indoors because the suns rays still come through the windows and it still has its effects. This particular sunscreen is anti wrinkle and anti dark spot enhanced so it's perfect for me. I apply this after my mousturiser and pat it on.

I am looking to buy a serum once I've done some research on potential products for my hyperpigmentation scars. Will let you know once I've found a good one. I also use a variety of face masks regularly but this needs a post of its own as I'm quite fond of face masks and have a bit of an obsession!

So this is what I use for my skincare regime. I'm quite content with it and won't be changing it any time soon. Along with my skincare I do (try to) drink a lot of water regularly, exercise regularly and eat good stuff and stay away from naughty or processed foods. Having a good skincare regime is very important, it doesnt even have to be the expensive stuff either! I dont have perfect skin but I really see the difference between my skin and some others around me who dont have a regime or dont cater to their skins needs and they'll ask me ''what products do you use?''. I do explain to them that its years of care and attention and diet and lifestyle habits that result in having healthy looking skin and not just a miracle product! I'm grateful to God that hes blessed me with decently healthy skin, I may have acne scars and hyperpigmentation but my skin still retains a healthy glow which many people point out to me and thats because I do treat my skin properly with specific products and methods that my skin needs or that I want for my skin, and I'm so grateful that I had the knowledge and understanding of skincare from a young age, so that I could start from an early age to keep my skin looking and staying healthy.

I hope this was of help guys, if you have any questions do ask me, I dont know if I have many readers, so please do leave comments too. Peace and love xxx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe