My Current Skincare Routine Decemeber 2014. PART 1 : THE CLEANSERS

Friday, December 05, 2014

have been meaning to do an updated post on my current skincare routine for a very long time now. It has drastically changed since the last time I done it, I have come across so many new products and am willing to try more. So many have worked wonders and some have done nada. I have an extensive range of products in my keep, why? because i like to try new things and see what will work on me or not. I am not makeup and skincare obsessed only, I am passionate.

Because of the extensive collection I own, I am dividing this post into several parts so it doesn't turn into one massive never ending post. One post will be about my cleansers, another about my toners, another about moisturisers, another about face masks and another about treatments. I use particular products appropriately for when my skin needs a certain treatment, I don't use them all at once! I try to keep my regime simple, I don't like layering products and you have to remember I wash my face up to 5 times a day to perform ablution for my 5 prayers, so I won't be reapplying hundreds of layers over and over again.

This post will be about my cleansers. I use a cleanser to take off my makeup if i have any on and then another cleanser at the sink to get a more thorough clean. I always cleanse more than once. Just to be safe.


Boots Time Delay Micellar Cleansing Water, Dr Darren McKeown AHA Active Radiance Cleanser, Neutrogena Spot Stress Control Scrub, The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

                                   

First we have the Boots Time Delay Micellar Water. Long gone are the days where you would have to remove your makeup with cleansers that leave a greasy residue on your skin, I have never been into wipes and I hated cleansing lotions. So when the geniuses in the skincare industry came up with a water like fluid that dissolves makeup and leaves a refreshing feel to the skin I was the most happiest person on earth. Micellar water is everything I've always wanted when it comes to removing my makeup. Thank you Lisa Eldridge for showing us Bioderma which then encouraged everyone one else to make their own easily attainable versions. 

I have tried L'oreals version, which did the job, Ive tried the infamous Bioderma, which was good but pricey and all the way in France, (thanks to my sister who lent me a bottle). Then I tried Garniers version, which I liked better than L'oreals and again it did the job fine, it was my favourite for a while. Ive also tried Superdrugs, B. Confident Micellar water, which removed my makeup but it stung my eyes so I weren't fond of it for that long, thank God it was just a little sample. And finally I bought this one because it was on offer. This one is by far my favourite so far, its funny because when you try a new product and it does something better than your last favourite you really appreciate venturing out in the field more. What this one did better was that it left my skin so much smoother than any of the above mentioned. I did have a little issue with the Garnier one leaving my skin a tiny bit taut so I felt like washing my face to remove that unusual tightness. This Time Delay removed my makeup perfectly and left it feeling really soft and nourished, so if ever I can't do an extra rinse at the sink, I can simply go straight onto moisturiser after using this Micellar water without feeling a weird tightness and my skin will feel absolutely normal.



Next we have an old favourite which is Dr Darren McKeown AHA Radiance cleanser, This has 3% AHA so it very lightly exfoliates and cleanses, removes leftover makeup and grease and leaves skin soft. It was the way it left my skin feeling smoother that had me hooked on this stuff, hence why I kept repurchasing it off of Ebay. Though I have found another alternative that is easily attainable from Boots or Superdrugs.  I have almost finished this bottle and probably will not purchase anymore, I thought I should include it in this post as an honorary mention. Adieu my old friend adieu...


The other alternative that I came across is the Neutrogena Spot Stress Control Scrub. This my friends is a true hidden gem. I had no intention of purchasing this, I only bought it because I had a Boots voucher to use with it. The first time I used it, I applied it as I normally would do any cleanser, smothered it on,  I brushed my teeth for 2 minutes and then went back to my cleanser, since this was a scrub I massaged it around a bit and then I started rinsing it off, as I was rinsing it off, I felt (what i thought was) a slimy residue on my skin, immediately I knew I hated this cleanser, I hate residue on my skin. BUT as I kept rinsing, I realised there was no slime, my face wasn't slimy it was incredibly SMOOTH! It was BUTTERY SMOOTH. I grabbed the tube and scanned through the ingredients. There it was. 4th in line. Glycolic Acid! 4th! Glycolic Acid was the 4th ingredient! WOWZERS!!!! Me and AHA's are like best buds, so I was ecstatic that this drugstore cleanser had AHA's in it that made my skin feel impeccably smooth. It was instant love. This washes off makeup and grime and helps to control future breakouts. The little scrubby particles encourage the Chemical exfoliation too so its a double whammy! I will do  a separate blogpost on AHA's and why I adore them so much. Please please please, go out and buy this, so affordable and effective.




This last cleanser was one I bought on a whim. I had read about oil cleansing and really liked the idea of an oil cleanser that gently dissolves your makeup and then turns into a milk when mixed with water and washes away leaving skin soft and nourished. I'm a moisture junkie, so anything that imparts hydration and softness is a must have for me. And in these cold winter days we could do with some extra hydration. The Body Shop's Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil costs a hefty 10 GBP, which for me is a lot for a cleanser. Though I should mention that The Body Shop has regular sales and offers so you never really have to pay full price if you buy at the right time. They say to apply on dry skin, massage and rub into makeup then add some water and massage some more then rinse a plenty. it does leave skin feeling really soft and nourished, for someone who doesn't like residue this does leave a teeny weeny bit of residue but not so much that I feel like washing my face again. Though on days when I'm washing off makeup I do do an extra cleanse with the oil or a separate gel cleanser. I don't think I will repurchase this because I am way too eager to try out other cleansing oils and balms available in the market.

So that is it for my cleansers, having good cleanser is very important for me, I will do my best to avoid breakouts and will try and make sure my skin gets a thorough clean. Never sleep with makeup on guys! Hope this was helpful. Watch out for part 2 which is Toners!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe