Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation 6.0 Review

Thursday, February 19, 2015

I'll be reviewing the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation today. I was given the shade 6.0 and I will begin to say that this shade is a shade too dark for me, I've tried the 5.0 and it's a much better match for my very yellow NC40 skin. BUT I have noticed that these shades aren't  yellow enough for indian/yellow/golden skintones. They are a lot more neutral and pink.



Naked Skin is a foundation that is very fluid and lightweight, apparently the actual bottle comes with several metal balls that mixes the foundation around and you can hear the rattling when you shake the bottle. It provides decent coverage but you won't feel it on your skin, making you feel and look like you have nothing but bare healthy skin i.e.  Naked Skin. 



I can definitely say that it does this. I apply using my beauty blender, and it blends effortlessly into my skin. Very natural and skin looking yet providing enough coverage to make skin appear even and flawless. The colour 6.0 was a shade too dark for me so when I was building up the foundation I was turning into Oompa Loompa, as my friend so kindly mentioned, I did also think it wasn't yellow enough for my skin. Even though the foundation is fluid and runny it isn't overly dewy looking, I find that it sets into an almost satin to demi-matte finish which I think is because of its oil free formula. I didn't feel the need to set with any powder and it didn't catch on any dry skin. My skin overall looked naturally even and healthy. I found this lasted a decent time on me, around 4-5 hours.

The shade range comes in 2 undertones, the shades ending in .5 are meant to be cool toned and the shades ending in .0 are meant to be warm undertoned, I find that the warm shades aren't overly yellow like the MAC NC range, and even though I like my very yellow undertoned MAC foundations, the Naked Skin was surprisingly and pleasanty flattering for my skintone. I would definitely consider purchasing a full size bottle in the shade 5.0, I felt that the formulation and finish was very suitable for my combination - dry skin and it gave my skin the natural healthy look that I really admire. I hope this was helpful.

*Update*: I recently tried 5.0 and I wouldn't buy a full size bottle because it isn't yellow enough. 5.0 does look better on me than 6.0 but it just isn't worth it if it doesn't mimic the undertone of my skin nicely and it most definitely isn't Holy Grail but it's definitely an excellent foundation and works with my complicated skin very well.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe