YSL Touche Eclat Foundation BD50 Review

Monday, January 19, 2015


Quick review for you guys. I recently picked up a rather generous sample of the infamous YSL Touche Eclat Foundation in the Shade BD50. I've heard so many great things about this foundation and this sample had so many uses that I can easily say that I have gotten to know this beauty very well and can share my honest thoughts with you.


It's a gorgeous foundation, the consistensy and finish is so so beautiful, it's fluid and runny in texture and on the skin it's very very lightweight and skin like. Though it's runny and lightweight it's a light to medium coverage and gives a luminous and dewy look to the skin. It is so skin like it's beautiful. Perfect to just slap on, blends into the skin like a dream and gives off a lit from within luminosity. 

This would be best suited for those with dry skin as it's incredibly hydrating and nourishing to the skin. If you are oily or combi then I recommend powdering as this can get rather dewy and oily after a while even on my dry/combi skin. If you like the dewy look then this is definitely for you. It covers imperfections nicely and that too with just a little amount. 

Since this is so hydrating and emollient I recommend powdering, or else it won't last long at all! I start to get oily in my tzone within 2 hours, it lasts around 3-4 hours on me before I start to notice some fading in some areas like my nose, I generally don't like powdering because my skin doesn't tend to like it, I feel as is it affects the tone of my foundation making it look less yellow and more grey and flat, it also just takes away the dewyness i like and gives me an overall dull dehydrated  appearance. If any one has any recommendations of good powders that will enhance my yellow olive undertone and won't make me look dull then please do comment down below. Because I do want to set my foundation so that it stays in place for longer.

I use either a beauty blender or a stippling brush to apply, I feel like the beauty blender absorbs some foundation and sheers it out a little too much for my liking and then you end up using up and wasting foundation so I like to alternate between a stippling brush and the sponge. 

YSL Touché Eclat Foundation BD50 

Unfortunately, and this is a very sorrowful "unfortunately"- insert sad face- The shade BD50 is too light for me and after some research and review reading, I found out that people between NC35-42 will have a difficult time matching up to a shade. With the YSL Touché Eclat, there are 3 shade groups, BD, BR and B. BD shades are golden undertoned, BR shades are pink undertoned and B shades are neutral undertoned. 

Blended out

The sample that I was given would be ideal for people who are NC30 ish. The next BD shade up is BD60 and I've tried that too but it's mainly suited for NC42 - NC44. Many have said that there is a massive jump between the shades BD50 and BD60, BD50 is too light for me and not strongly yellow enough and BD60 is really orange for me.

I wore the foundation once and a friend said that my skin looked much lighter than normal but it technically didn't look bad and that I didn't have that horrendous grey shadow around my mouth. She said that it actually looked nice which surprised me. In my opinion I noticed that my neck looked quite yellow in comparison to my face which looked more neutral and I didn't really like that, it makes it look like a mask. I did notice that after a while this foundation does oxidise into a more peachy/orange tone which I didn't really fancy. 

I had been back to the YSL counter and inquired about the other shades and told the assistant about my shade matching problems and she also confirmed that there is indeed a big jump between BD50 and BD60. She did suggest I try the neutral shade B60 but I had a look at it and swatched it and it was too peachy for my liking. I did have the option of mixing two shades but that would mean double the cost and the shade wouldn't be as perfect for me as compared to my reliable Studio Sculpt in NC40. 

Ah well, what can you do eh? Even though I don't have a shade match I still recommend this foundation. It's such a beautiful foundation and incredibly skin like. It really makes you look luminous. If you find a good shade match then you are fortunate! Hope this helps and if you have any extra info or suggestions about shades please let me know.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thanks for great review Zahra. My sister recommended this foundation to me today and i straight away jumped to your blog. I know you are a queen of foundations and I would most probably find my answers here. I would skip on this due to shade gap between BD50 and BD60..i seriously think there should be a BD55 for our skintone. The formula is what I prefer actually! Btw how did u manage to get this sample? I am thinking of getting one myself if they provide.

    Ash | www.mstantrum.com
    Insta: ms_tantrum

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe