My Skincare Routine December 2014 : The SUNSCREENS

Monday, January 05, 2015

Sunscreen, one of the least elaborated topics when it comes to skincare, everybody wails on and on about how important it is but no one wants to discuss it enough. Sunscreen for me personally has been difficult and I am quite fussy when it comes to sunscreen as I suppose most people are. I don't like layering products ontop of products and prefer to keep my regime simple so it has to be a moisturiser and sunscreen in one. It needs to deliver apt amount of moisture, it can't leave a greasy film on my skin and it needs to be lightweight. Also it needs to be affordable because I know I will get lots of use out of it. 


I use sunscreen mainly to keep my hyperpigmentation at bay, I also have uneven skintone so for it not to get worse I need to make sure im not exposing my skin to more harmful rays, as well as general anti aging reasons, I use AHA's regularly and that makes my skin even more susceptible to pigmentation and damage. 


So I'v tried a few in the market and they've all been under £15. I currently own 4 at the moment and I have different opinions about each of them. 



First we have No7's Protect and Perfect Intense Facial Sun Protection in SPF 50 UVA and UVB. This is originally £16 but can be bought for less with the No7 voucher, it's quite pricey and has roughly 20-30 uses. It's a thick cream, very moisturising but quite thick and I find it doesn't glide around easily, which is a gripe for me. I use a drop of oil on my face before hand to help it move around. It can leave a greasy finish to the skin which is another gripe. But a little powder can sort that out. It's a very good sunscreen, but the texture, finish and price is a put off for me which is why I don't love it. Apart form that it's a very good quality sunscreen and you will definitely get your protection from it. Best suited for dry skins. 


Next we have Simple Moisture Cream in SPF 30. This is rather affordable at £5. I was pleasantly surprised at the price and after trying it for the first time was even more surprised at how lightweight this was. It provides a decent amount of moisturisation without feeling thick and greasy, comes with a pump and let's out an adequate amount of sunscreen for the face. My only gripe with this is that it isn't moisturising enough for my dry dehydrated skin. I think this will be excellent for those with normal skin. I do like this but it just isn't nourishing enough for me. Brilliant price tag! 


Next we have Superdrugs B. Confident CC Cream in SPF 45 in Medium. This was also around £5 (on offer). This was a gift from a friend and I was a little dubios whether I would like this or not because drugstore shade systems don't really work well for me. It's a peach coloured cream and the colour correction seemed to work fine on my skin because I looked more awake and radiant. I was quite impressed! It seemed to brighten up my face and make my skin look naturally radiant and even. Like I had naturally good skin. 

I've noticed I can't use too much of this because it ends up looking a little fake and grey on me but I use a small pea size amount and it does the job. But that pea sized amount doesn't provide me with enough moisture so I use a tiny bit of my ordinary moisturiser under this. This leaves a dewy finish to the skin so people with dry skin will enjoy this. They have a shade Light which is suited for more MAC NC20 - NC25 and the medium would be best for NC30 - NC40. Definitely one to try out!


Lastly we have this new sunscreen that I picked up recently. And I must say this is my favourite out of all of that I have ever tried. It's The Body Shop Vitamin C Daily Moisturiser with SPF  30. This is around £13 but Body Shop do regular offers. This moisturiser is lightweight, it has a fluid texture and melts into the skin easily and provides me with just enough moisturiser so my skin doesn't feel taut or tight. It has a citrus orange smell and when I've applied it to my skin my skin feels like it's buzzing, not tingling but slightly buzzing. Im not sure what that is but I read somewhere that it's the Vitamin C. This leaves a slight dewy finish but isn't overly greasy looking. I find this sunscreen pleasant to use and will be my regular until I find a better one. 

Those are all the current sunscreens I have, I hope this was helpful,  I should mention that if you have tanned, olive, indian or dark skin sunscreens do tend to leave a white cast, some more than others, it's a matter of trying them out and seeing which one works best for you. I have tried a Loreal matte fluid one but it was too dry for me and got bitsy when i tried blending it in and left a white cast, I do want to try the Soap and Glory sunscreens as I've heard good things about them too. Also i never take the sunscreen near my eyes because I've noticed sunscreen makes my eyes water like crazy if it's gotten in or even if it's too close to my eyes. If you have any recommendations or suggestions please let me know. Peace xxx






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe